Department of Bengali
The Bengali Department of P. D. Women's College, Jalpaiguri was established in 1950, making it one of the oldest departments of the college. On an average, performance of the students of this department has been satisfactory in the university examinations over the years. In addition to regular classes, other opportunities for learning, like the arrangement of special lectures by experts, group discussion, remedial and tutorial classes are provided. The teachers of the department always try to make students drawn towards the library work and class lectures regularly.